East High School is proud to offer baseball. Iowa High School Athletic Association sanctions our high school sports for boys. Our teams compete in the Missouri River Conference. Through involvement in athletics, students learn valuable life skills, including teamwork, leadership, and commitment.
About the Program
The East High baseball program has a tradition of success. We have been building on this tradition of success and each season, we are focused on continuing this process. We not only aim for a strong postseason finish, but we also aim to build essential characteristics in our players, both on and off the baseball diamond. Through our baseball program, we are building young men of character, discipline, personal responsibility, and respect. These attributes are a large part of the foundation of the Black Raider baseball program, but even more essential for the development of our players for life after baseball.
Meet the Coaches
Head Baseball Coach – Kevin Dicus, 2013-present
- 2018 – 4A West District, Baseball Coach of the Year
- 2007 – Coach of the Year, Northwestern College – Red Raider Club
- 2001 – Conference Baseball Coach of the Year
- Assistant Baseball coach for the Iowa High School Athletic Association All-Star Series (2002 & 2010 & 2020)
- Baseball (Head Coach & Assistant Coach)
- Conference Champions: 2001 & 2018; Co-Conference Champions: 2000 & 2019
- State Tournament: 2009-state champions; 2010, state qualifier; 2013-state runner-up; 2015-state qualifier
- Softball (Head Coach)
- Conference Champions: 2003, 2007, 2008
- State Tournament: 2007-7th place; 2008-state runner-up
Asst. Varsity Baseball Coaches – Trevor Miller (2015-present), AJ Staiert (2016-present; former Sioux City Explorer player) & Leo Patino (2016-present; former professional baseball player with the California Angels and the Detroit Tigers)
JV Baseball Coach – Dylan Riley (2017-present)
Freshman Coach – AJ Castro (2020)
Meet the Players
Student-athletes give their all, both on and off the field. Countless hours go into strength, conditioning, and practice to build strong athletes that are prepared to compete. Likewise, our athletes fulfill academic requirements in order to participate in sports.
Students in Action
Stats & Highlights
Our students are gracious in victory and defeat. While we compete to win, our athletes know, it’s how you play the game that matters.
- Back-to-back Conference Champions (2018 & 2019)
- A tradition of success at the Varsity level:
- 25+ wins in each season in the last two years
- 20+ wins each season in the last three years
- JV/Freshmen achievements:
- 2019 JV City Champions | 28-4
- 2019 Freshmen City Champions | 29-0
Community Service Team Projects
- Assist at Miracle Field in Sioux City
- Food packing for Haiti @ CDC