About the Program
East High School is proud to offer girls cross country. Iowa Girls High School Athletic Union sanctions our high school sports for girls. Our teams compete in the Missouri River Conference. Through involvement in athletics, students learn valuable life skills, including teamwork, leadership, and commitment.
Meet the Coaches
Head Coach – Rick Clarahan
Head Coach – Nick Gaul
Meet the Players
Student-athletes give their all, both on and off the course. Countless hours go into strength, conditioning, and practice to build strong athletes that are prepared to compete. Likewise, our athletes fulfill academic requirements in order to participate in sports.
Students in Action
Stats & Highlights
Our students are gracious in victory and defeat. While we compete to win, our athletes know, it’s how you play the game that matters.
Cross Country – State Qualifiers Since 2000
- 2006 – Ellen Dougherty
- 2007 – Shelby Houlihan – 3rd Place
- 2008 – Shelby Houlihan – 3rd Place & Ellen Dougherty – 16th
- 2009 – 1st Girls Team to Qualify – Shelby Houlihan – Ellen Dougherty – Crystal McElhose – Payton Pry – Paige Betts – Melissa Friedrichsen – Meghan Simpson – Shelby Houlihan – 3rd & Team was 13th
- 2010 – Shelby Houlihan – State Champion
- 2015 – Avery Lester
- 2016 – Olivia Barnes
- 2017 – Olivia Barnes
- 2018 – Olivia Barnes & Lauren Van Dyke
- 2018 – State Qualifier – Kaia Downs – 12th Place
- 2019 — Girls Team Qualifies for State – Kaia Downs – Karlie Phillips – Sydney Helt – Katie Lammers – Lydia Heald – Karlie Stoos – Mariah Morrow
- Individual Qualifiers – Kaia Downs ( 6th Place) – Karlee Phillips – Sydney Health – Katie Lamme