Each Sioux City Community School District high school will hold a graduation ceremony on Saturday, May 27 at the Tyson Events Center.
Ceremonies will be held at the following times:
- North High School: 11 am
- West High School and VIBE Academy: 2:30 pm
- East High School: 6 pm
Doors will open to the public open hour before each ceremony. During each ceremony, a professional photographer will take a portrait photo of each graduate, which will be available for graduates and families to purchase.
All guests attending the graduation ceremonies will be required to pass through the Tyson Events Center metal detectors upon entry into the ceremonies. In accordance with Tyson Events Center guidelines, and out of respect to all graduates and guests, the following items are not permitted at graduation ceremonies:
- Silly string
- Air horns
- Large bags / backpacks, coolers or boxes
- Bottles, cans, glass containers, liquid containers or other projectiles
- Any food product, coolers or backpacks
- Laser devices
- Skates, skateboards, Heelies or scooters
- Alcohol or illegal drugs
- Tobacco of any kind
- Animals, other than service animals
- Any item or action deemed to challenge public safety
- No Weapons of any kind, including lawful concealable firearms
- Any other item deemed unacceptable by Tyson Events Center Management or the Event Producer
Each year, approximately 900 graduates are recognized during the District’s graduation ceremonies.